How to Learn Spanish is a comprehensive guide for students of Spanish. It teaches powerful language learning principles and strategies for:
- Expanding and memorising vocabulary.
- Setting up good pronunciation habits.
- Learning grammar effectively.
- Optimising the development of speaking, writing, listening and reading.
- Selecting appropriate resources and incorporating fun language learning activities.
- Setting language learning goals and action plans.
The principles and strategies are informed by current research into language learning, cognitive psychology, and educational neuroscience, as well as the author’s more than 20 years experience as a teacher.
- Easy to read: written in simple and clear colloquial English (no technical terms).
- Inspirational: it includes real-life stories of language learning challenges and successes.
- Dual coding design: explanations of key principles and strategies supported by illustrations.
- Action oriented: students are helped to reflect on their language learning strategies, needs and goals, in the sections titled “What about you?”
A bracing, hypnotic story of mid-life crisis about the complexities of love, relationship and legacy. During a visit to Trieste in Northern Italy to research his long lost great-grandfather, Jacob meets Charlotte and Jane, and the three are forced to confront their individual and shared histories. Their sense of themselves is challenged and they […]
Bed 12 is a poignant and darkly comic account of what it’s like to fight for someone’s life. It’s for anyone who wonders about their own mortality, who has experienced the serious illness of a friend or relative, or who cares about the NHS. Long-listed for the 2019 People’s Book Prize. More info